About The Altar
The church of hope, hugs, and high-fives.
We are here to make some noise to Jesus and about Jesus.
At The Altar we believe that life is complicated enough - church shouldn't be. So, we keep things simple and real. We are intentionally returning to
the foundations of church and what religion was intended to be about.
The first church, their experience, and what caused the church to grow and positively impact their world in the first place, is our model. We're just real people gathering to experience God, connect with each other, and help those who need us
We exist so people far from God can experience the endless possibilities of following Christ.
We are a church that helps families become balanced.
We want to see people born again of the water and the spirit as in John Chapter 3.
We teach obedience to the Great Commandment and Great Commission.
We will see growth by a five-fold balance.
God's Presence - We believe this is a must in our services. We will be led by the Holy Spirit.
Evangelism - We will aggressively tell our world about Christ (Great Commission).
Excellence - We will give God our very best in everything we do, to bring Him Glory.
Family - We will endeavor to establish healthy and balanced children, students, and individuals.
Diversity - We are committed to having a multi-cultural, multi-generational, and socially diverse church where everyone from any walk of life can come and grow in Christ.
Service - We will be a Matthew 25 church and be the hands of Christ extended.
We Value People - We believe The Altar Church will grow at the speed of relationships. We will build healthy relationships where real change can happen in every life.
Beliefs - Where we stand.
- The Bible is the inspired, infallible Word of God
- There is only One true and living God, manifested as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- Jesus is the "visible image of the invisible God"
- Jesus was begotten of the Father, conceived of the Holy Spirit, and born of virgin birth
- Jesus was crucified, buried, and rose from the dead to pay for our sins and give us eternal life
- Every sinner must be born again "of water and of the Spirit" to enter into the Kingdom of God
- In water baptism in Jesus' name, by immersion
- Believers will speak with other tongues when baptized with the Holy Spirit
- In celebrating the Lord's Supper
- In the working of the gifts of the Spirit in the Church
- In divine healing
- In the second coming of Christ