In conjunction with the Mooresville Soup Kitchen and Second Harvest Food Bank The Altar is excited to offer free food to the community. it will be held every Tuesday from 11 am-1pm beginning Aug. 22nd.
To receive the full benefit of food recipients must:
1. Live in Mooresville (South to Charlotte), Salisbury or Rowan County (China Grove, Kannapolis, etc), or as far north as Troutman (not Statesville).
2. Meet the household income criteria (posted below).
Criteria is set by the Second Harvest Food Bank of Charlotte and The Mooresville Soup Kitchen
1. Prepackaged meals. No application required and no househould income stipulation. 5 per person per week.
2. Meat Market - This does require and application and household income stipulation. 20 lbs per family per week based on availability
3. Breads, Grains, Canned foods - offered at various times based on availability.
Important Dates and Times:
1. The application will be distributed online and at The Altar Church.
2. On April 15th from 10 am to 12 noon you can stop by the church to drop off the application or fill one out in person.
3. Distribution of food will begin on Tuesday August 22nd from 11 am to 1pm at the church at 188 Wiggins Rd.